For Christmas my mother=in=law asked for something that she reffered to as a striker, a rod that you can plug into an electric outlet. Then you stick it into a cup of water and it boils very quickly. I've searched for this item and I can't find it, I think it may have another name. Please tell me if you have heard of such a thing and what they are really called. Thank You!
The slang name is called A "stinger" but labe,led as an imersion heater..Avaialable at publix food markets..winn dixies..wal marts etc..it has a plastic handle goes down with a metal element then a small coil..Look in any grocery store kitchen isle..Read the second paragraph on this link..it tells you also ..but they are easy to find..better yet..here is a link with pictures..and you can buy them here too…here is 3 or 4 types
- Would a high Nitrate level in drinking water cause Boils?
- About the body and water?
- UPDATE: Boil Water Advisory Lifted for Parts of Charleston
- Whats the best treatment to cure blisters from boiling hot water being thrown in your face?
- How long do I have to boil water to make it safe to drink?