Apply a flannel in warm to hot but not unbearably scalding water, squeeze water out of flannel over the boil then keep dabbing with the flannel & holding over (press if can bear it), once you can bear that soak the boil in warm to hot water again not unbearably scalding hot water (Best in the bath). this will ease the pain and help draw the pus to the surface. Once the boil comes to a head, it will burst with repeated soakings, usually occurs within 10 days of its appearance.
When the boil starts draining, wash it regularly with a non perfumed/ antibacterial soap until all the pus is gone. Apply a large plaster or gauze. Do not use a waterproof plaster that excludes all air. Continue to wash the infected area -two to three times a day and to use warm compresses until the wound heals.
Do not pop the boil with a needle. this usually results in making the infection worse.
If the boil bursts phone the doc & check you don't need to have it drained. Don't worry not as bad at it sounds & once done instant relief as I've been there & bought the t-shirt!
Hope this helps.
- 8 Effective Home Remedies for Boils to Get Natural Relief
- What some home treatment for boils ?
- Does anyone know of ANY EFFECTIVE TREATMENT for MERSA boils? My entire family has been suffering from this!?
- Simple Home Treatments For Boils
- sufficient Home treatment of Boils