When your skin is not healthy, it is susceptible to many infections. Boils is one of them. A boil is an infection in the skin. having boils on the skin indicates unhealthy skin. Boils are small red bumps on skin. They start of small and then get tender and soon fill up with pus. it forms a point which is referred to as the ‘head’ of the boil. Boils are common on face and neck area or even on the buttocks.
Boils can start off as a single boil and then spread in clusters. Such boils are called carbuncle. Carbuncle is a more serious condition. People with low immunity or low resistance are more prone to having boils. Boils can be frequent and of a concern in people suffering from diabetes, people with low immunity, people not keep proper hygiene or in people not getting sufficient nutrients from food.
The toxins present in the body can also lead to boils surfacing on the skin. it can also be caused by some allergic reaction to harsh chemicals. Any external or foreign particle embedded in the skin can cause a boil. an ingrown hair can also result in a boil. it can also leave scars behind. Acne also leads to boils in some cases.
Any cut or injury on the skin, if not treated properly can get infected and develop into a boil with pus. The pus needs to be drained out in order to heal the boil. this can be done by surgery. If the boil is small there are various Home Remedies which can be followed in order to remove the pus from the boil and to help heal it.
Some of the home remedies to help heal the boil are as follows.
1. Warm water: Soak the boil in warm water. this will ease the pain and also help in removing the head of the boil and thus draining of the pus.
2. Turmeric: Turmeric has natural anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric powder can be applied to the boil and kept for a while. this should be applied regularly. Turmeric application helps the boil to ripen fast and helps the pus to come out.
3. Garlic: Using garlic as a treatment for boils is very effective. it kills the germs and helps it to heal. One can crush the garlic and apply the juice or paste on the boil.
4. Onion: Onion paste can also be applied on the boil. Onion also works like garlic as a remedy. Onion and garlic both can also be used together as a treatment.
5. Neem: Neem leaves are very effective for all kinds of skin infection. The neem leaves can be boiled and then made a paste. this can be applied directly on the boil. Neem has wonderful medicinal properties.
6. Betel leaves: Betel leaves can be boiled and applied on the boil.
7. Bitter Gourd: Bitter gourd juice kills the germs when applied. it helps in releasing the pus and thus helps in healing of the boil.
8. Water: Last but not the least, drinking plenty of water flushes out all the toxins from the body. this keeps the skin healthy.
Do not try to burst a boil. If done, it might worsen the infection and leave behind scars on your skin. To prevent boils, eat healthy food and let your body and skin get proper nutrients. Practice good hygiene. Keep your body clean and the clothes and linens clean. Do not leave small cuts or injuries unattended. These might get further infected resulting in boils. Exercise and build up a strong immunity keeping all skin infections away.
- How can you get rid of boils without going to the docter. home remedies that really owrk please?
- sufficient Home treatment of Boils
- Getting Rid Of Boils Is Difficult ?
- Does anyone know of ANY EFFECTIVE TREATMENT for MERSA boils? My entire family has been suffering from this!?
- How to home treat a boil with natural ingredient?